Re: boot-floppies 3.0.14 for testing

On Fri, 2001-09-21 at 20:06, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> Hi,
> I've just put a new boot-floppies build (3.0.14 not-yet-released) on
>   http://auric.debian.org/~cts/bf/current/
>
> I didn't have had time yet myself to test it, but maybe somebody else has
> (and wants to help with the documentation *NUDGE* *NUDGE*).
> The previous version installed fine on my Amiga, so I do not expect big
> troubles (there were some funny things with some packages, and with my
> keyboard not working properly anymore, anyone got a spare A2k keyboard? Or
> know a cheap source for PS/2 -> Amiga keyboard converters? It s***s when you
> can not type e2fsck because the "f" is not working, or you can not move to
> the next option in a window, because TAB is working neither... this is
> already my second keyboard, seems i had to use e2fsck a lot).
>
> This is still using linux-2.2.19, the problem with linux-2.4.x vs glibc
> 2.2.4 is not yet fully solved (ie my Amiga is not yet completely happy). But
> we wont use linux-2.4 for the official woody boot-floppies anyway...
>
> Christian

Just tried the 3.0.14 boot floppies on a MacIIsi with 17MB RAM, 250MB
Drive, FPU and Ethernet.  I chose to install via http as I have a DSL
link.  The install went smoothly until the disk filled.  After deleting
some of the downloaded debs the install is now continuing.  So I guess
my only complaint is that there is not an option to remove the deb file
immediately after it is installed.  This would help the install process
on these older Macs with small hard drives.

Ray Knight
audilvr@speakeasy.org