Re: problem upgrading to stable

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 07:40:43AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> No I am building it native. I think the build process is probably
ah, well my build failed.
> too complicated to work on cross-compile, and it would have taken
> me a while to dpkg-cross all the required packages.
>
> I installed all of the build-depended packages, so I could upload
> it if it finishes successfully. Still thrashing like mad now.
Sure, but...
> My system is clean potato. I'm using kernel-headers-2.2.10.
... we are supposed to use kernel-headers-2.4.0 for some compatibility reason
(why is it not mentioned in the Build-Depends you ask?). Thanks for pointing
that out, I had that hack removed again (there are no 2.4 kernel headers
yet, at least not for m68k, so I made a symlink to the linux-m68k 2.4.0
source tree).
Trying again with new binutils (the old ones worked for 2.2.1) new
experimental gcc and 2.4.0 headers (instead of 2.2.10).

If it fails for you as well, you could try to build 2.2.1, the version which
works for me, which compiled on Michaels Mac and works there?

Christian