Re: Do we really need gcc-m68k-linux?

On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 03:19:05PM -0400, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Jul 2001 idalton@ferret.dyndns.org wrote:
>
> > Okay. Just had time to poke at the toolchain. Chris, I just sent a bug
> > asking if you could put cross-binutils build support back in but have it
> > build no cross targets by default. If we're going to support cross-compiling
> > in any sane way, we probably should have a system that dpkg-crosses the
> > necessary libs and builds the packages on the target machine.
>
> Ok, I suppose I can try.  I've restructured the package for the next
> upload.  I'll see if I can work it in there (shouldn't be too
> difficult).  I'm still waiting for a new upstream anyway, so it shouldn't
> be too hard to accomplish in the mean time.

I have a partial script worked out. If I remember from the last spate of
discussion we were going to decide to ignore the FHS or not about the location
of the cross-packages. Current practice seems to be sticking them into
/usr/<arch>-linux (or /usr/<arch>-hurd?) but dpkg-cross defaults to
/usr/local/<arch>-linux. Was this ever resolved?

--
Ferret

I will be switching my email addresses from @ferret.dyndns.org to
@mail.aom.geek on or after September 1, 2001, but not until after
Debian's servers include support. 'geek' is an OpenNIC TLD. See
http://www.opennic.unrated.net for details about adding OpenNIC
support to your computer, or ask your provider to add support to
their name servers.