Re: Do we really need gcc-m68k-linux?

On Sun, 15 Jul 2001 idalton@ferret.dyndns.org wrote:

> Okay. Just had time to poke at the toolchain. Chris, I just sent a bug
> asking if you could put cross-binutils build support back in but have it
> build no cross targets by default. If we're going to support cross-compiling
> in any sane way, we probably should have a system that dpkg-crosses the
> necessary libs and builds the packages on the target machine.

Ok, I suppose I can try.  I've restructured the package for the next
upload.  I'll see if I can work it in there (shouldn't be too
difficult).  I'm still waiting for a new upstream anyway, so it shouldn't
be too hard to accomplish in the mean time.

> Would this system work better than re-including binutils-<arch> in the
> archive again? If so.. I think we should just pull gcc-m68k-linux from Woody
> and try to work on something for (Sarge, is it?) Woody+1. Besides, it
> build-depends on packages that don't properly exist in Debian. ;)

I'm not sure if it'll work or not.  It can't be autobuilt, which is bad,
but if someone builds it by hand and uploads it, I suppose that would
do...