Re: [M68k-build] boot-floppies 3.0.7 for m68k

Hi,
On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 03:02:04PM -0500, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> Hi,
> I am uploading the latest m68k boot-floppies build to:
>  http://auric.debian.org/~cts/bf/
I just put a CVS build (not yet finished 3.0.8) there. Works much better for
me. Now it fails when trying to install the base system. I tried to install
over the net with my shiny new DSL setup and I got:
 couldn't work out current architecture
in debootstrap. Is this a known problem? Maybe my debootstrap is too old?
debootstrap_0.1.11_m68k.deb (with 0.1.13 available, will try with 0.1.15).
Anyhow, the mount problem should be gone now.

Re keymaps on mac:
> * ...with the exception of a small glitch: some (e.g. all german) keymaps
>   fail to load (because they are missing in /etc/keymaps.tgz)...
> The boot-floppie's "configure the keyboard" dialog offers 6 mac keymaps (2
> US, 2 german, 2 french), but /etc/keymaps.gz contains only three of
> these 6; here's a tar -tzf:
>
> mac/mac-us-std.bmap
> mac/mac-us-ext.bmap
> mac/mac-fr2-ext.bmap
Can I add the missing keymaps to keymaps.sh

case "$arch" in
    m68k)
        export keymaps="atari/atari-de.kmap.gz
        mac/mac-us-std.kmap.gz
        mac/mac-us-ext.kmap.gz
        mac/mac-fr2-ext.kmap.gz"
        ;;
and maybe also to powerpc?
    powerpc)
        export keymaps="amiga/amiga-de.kmap.gz
        mac/mac-fr2-ext.kmap.gz
        mac/mac-us-ext.kmap.gz
        mac/mac-us-std.kmap.gz"
# Broken in console-data see bts#50588
#        mac/mac-de-latin1-nodeadkeys.kmap.gz
        ;;

Maybe I should leave out the broken keymap, but the others shouldn't hurt?
Where does the installer know the available keymaps from, does it look
at the console-data(?) package?

Christian