bf-3.0.7 report: failure

Hello,

Trying to install woody on a Mac Quadra700 using latest boot-floppies
from http://auric.debian.org/~cts/bf

* Penguin-19 works fine (and yes the .hqx file is OK)
* Everything goes very well...
* ...with the exception of a small glitch: some (e.g. all german) keymaps
  fail to load (because they are missing in /etc/keymaps.tgz)...
* ...until we want to install the base system. (over the net, from
  http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian).
  debootstrap fetches Release, Packages.gz's and then stops because
  "chroot: mount -t proc proc /proc: no such file or directory".
  Some poking around shows that
  - the chroot was to /target
  - /target/{bin,sbin,lib} are (almost) empty so we don't have a mount
    there (and no libc and no sh etc.)
  - this is because both the envars $base and $required are unset and
    so nothing was downloaded or unpacked (see the woody install script,
    /usr/lib/debootstrap/scripts/woody, for details).

HTH,

Bjoern
--
Bj"orn Brill <brill@fs.math.uni-frankfurt.de>