Re: buildd hosts

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 04:55:59PM -0500, Michael Shuey wrote:
> So I've got this Mac Quadra 950 (33 MHz 040) with an 8 GB disk in it, and I
> was wondering if I could set it up to be a buildd host.  Currently it has
> a mere 16 MB of RAM, but if it can be useful I'll stick more RAM in it.  It's
> online 24/7, hooked up through the local university's computer society, so
> connectivity/bandwidth shouldn't be an issue.  I'm not a Debian developer
> myself, but I'd be willing to give out accounts as needed.

I asked this same question about the powerpc on the buildd list, and they told me that they
weren't setup to have multiple buildd computers.  A couple people replied
that wasn't very wise, but nothing happened.

Maybe something has changed since then.

One more question...  How would anyone know that your machine hasn't/won't
be tampered with?

Mike