Re: bug with quadra 605

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 12:41:01AM -0400, Ray Knight wrote:
> idalton@ferret.phonewave.net wrote:
> >
> > (I've just subscribed to the list, so am replying via the list archive)
[snip]

> list for a list of the LC040 chips that have a bad mask revision.  There
> were some LC040 chips that were bad and will not work properly even with
> an FPU emulator.  Apple seems to have used a large number of these chips
> in Macintoshes.  What you are experiencing are the exact symptoms of an
> LC040 with a bad mask revision.  The solution is to replace with a 68040
> or an LC040 with a known good mask revision.

Yep. The only thing I found by searching the Debian list though was
Daniel Macedo Lorenzini's message. Even took a look through our ports
page and the FAQs linked from it and didn't find a thing. Then, after
some deep-nest searching I found a buried FAQ that mentioned my CPU's
specific mask revision.

So can one still badger a replacement CPU out of Motorola? With their
webserver down I can't check.

-- Ferret