Re: problem upgrading to stable

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 07:40:54AM -0600, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 12:37:15AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> >
> > I just started a build of 2.2.2, I am going to bed now though
> > and if you finish yours sooner I will stop it. Shame I had to
> > install tetex-base (11M .deb) just to get texi2html.
> You are crosscompiling, right? I am building for upload. Might be finished
> by now, but the machine is offline. Upload would be in ~20 hours from now,
> so your cross compile might be finished earlier. I'd say, build it, maybe
> you can compare both builds, if mine does not work for you, maybe its due to
> some packages I have installed, its not a clean potato or woody system I am
> using. What a shame that glibc can not be built without hassles on kullervo.

No I am building it native. I think the build process is probably
too complicated to work on cross-compile, and it would have taken
me a while to dpkg-cross all the required packages.

I installed all of the build-depended packages, so I could upload
it if it finishes successfully. Still thrashing like mad now.

My system is clean potato. I'm using kernel-headers-2.2.10.

Hamish