Re: problem upgrading to stable

On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 04:29:09AM -0600, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > What's kullervo's hardware?
> Amiga3000, 68060@50, 72MB Ram.

Nice. I have an overclocking kit for the Mac somewhere!
Can run at 50MHz. I need to get a faster SCSI HD for it too.

> If you want to build packages, I think you should just install potato on
> your main partition, woody only on a seperate partition and in chroot to
> build for unstable. But that hint may be a little late now ;-)
> I did not adhere to that with libc6 either, best was to test, but then I got
> it working with only a little glitch...

That's what I'm trying to do now -- it's running potato, and
I'll use debootstrap to build a woody tree. I built the woody tree
last night and it segfaults all the time, just like my woody upgrade
did originally.

I'm not sure where to start debugging it. I think gdb segfaulted
too when I tried to run bash in it. I'll try to isolate which
library causes it eg using LD_LIBRARY_PATH outside of the chroot
to point to the woody libraries.

Hamish