Re: problem upgrading to stable

On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 08:08:07AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> OK, shall do. Unfortunately, /bin/bash crashes, which makes things
> pretty hard! It seems to be something to do with ldso or glibc 2.2.1.
Ugh, evil. I am running an experimental bash, but I think I installed (and
compiled) it only after I first installed libc6 2.2.1...

> By the way you may have heard of the debootstrap package which
> helps to create chroot trees. It's currently i386 only but I
I am using buildd-setup-chroot from the wanna-build system, works nicely.

Amiga3000, 68060@50, 72MB Ram.

> I just got this Mac installed on Saturday. I'd like to help out
> wherever I can with m68k. I have broadband internet access here
> which helps too (so far I've downloaded all of the potato base
> about five times!).
Cool thats the first machine _with_ a developer, so far several people
offered a machine, but we also need more developers...

If you want to build packages, I think you should just install potato on
your main partition, woody only on a seperate partition and in chroot to
build for unstable. But that hint may be a little late now ;-)
I did not adhere to that with libc6 either, best was to test, but then I got
it working with only a little glitch...

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/potato