Re: help!

On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 11:30:22PM +1030, Daniel MacLeod wrote:
> hi i'm new to linux aand debian and ive had a problem with installing it.
> ive put it on a Centris 650 and when i boot in from the root partition,
> after the clock setting, it comes up with the error:
>
> /bin/sh: /sbin/termwrap: No such file or directory
> /bin/sh: /sbin/termwrap: cannot execute: no such file or directory
Are you sure you installed debian correctly? termwrap seems to be called
during the initial boot only (see newgroup for a simila problem), I have
never seen it on a debian system after installation (and never noted it
during, but its mentioned in the boot-floppies source, in fact its a shell
script in the boot-floppies). I would guess right now, that you unpacked
base.tgz or root.bin by-hand and did not let the installer make this work?
Can you describe how you performed the installation? Did you do it according
to the mac quickinstall guide? Maybe you simply forgot the root=/dev/hdxxx
thingy? Or have two roots?

Christian
--
First they ignore you. Then they laugh about you. Then they fight you.
And then you win. [Mahatma Gandhi]      http://people.debian.org/~cts/