Re: m68k Packages...

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:

> Hi guys,
>      * binutils (currently (standard) (high)
>           + Maintainer: Christopher C. Chimelis <chris@debian.org>
>           + binutils uploaded 87 days ago, out of date by 85 days!
>           + out of date on m68k: binutils, binutils-dev,
>             binutils-multiarch (from
>           + there are up to date bins in m68k also
>           + not considered
> This is mentioned in bug 74396 (grave, binutils); apparently binutils just
> plain hasn't worked on m68k since version

I was trying to work with Roman on testing new versions, but the time lag
was getting to be too much of a hassle for me.  I also have been trying to
gain access to an m68k to see if I can figure out what's going on, but no
luck on that so far.

> There are two options here: either to get binutils fixed for m68k (which would
> be ideal), or to fork binutils at version and have a distinct
> binutils-m68k package that builds the appropriate debs for m68k.

I'm not averted to this.  I'll think about it this week and double-check
CVS for anything that might fix things again.  From my research last time,
though, nothing changed that should've affected that arch.

> It'd be nice to have one of these happen sooner, rather than later...

Agreed :-)