Re: 2.2.10 boot-Floppies, NOBOOT

> Just loaded (Tried) the new 2.2.10 boot-floppies with TFTPLILO,
> and a MVME-162FX. (Brand new).
> Result.....
> Bootstrap's bootinfo version : 2.0
> Kernel's bootinfo version    : 2.0
>
> ABCGHIJ

> Boot stops at the transfer to the kernel.

Seems your board is unsupported.

> Any Ideas? Is there any standard debug
> I can put in the bootstrap?

Nope, at the time it crashes there's not much Linux going on. Look at the
arch/m68k/kernel/head.S file to figure where approximately the crash
happens. I'd guess around setting up memory mapping, or activating the
MMU.

> Two boards, one works fine, and the other (newer) board is
> failing. The new one passes diagnostics and seems to
> be otherwise ok.
>
> I am new to the boot section of the kernel. My board
> is using a new rev of the memory control chip,
> I can compile on another 162 and build just fine.

The new memory control chip may explain this. Please report the details of
this crash to linux-m68k@lists.linux-m68k.org (CC: set), and be sure to
include some information about the differences between the two board
revisions.