Re: Cannot mount root? What?

Christian,

On Friday 08 December 2000 10:00, you wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 09:46:30AM -0600, Bill Layer wrote:
> > So did it, or did it not mount the root filesystem? Why is this
> > happening? Am I selecting the wrong kernel / root.bin images?
>
> You did not read the instructions (and your sig is too long):

Oh come on, there must be plenty of other annoying things about me, no need
to pick on my email signature! ;) I'll truncate it.

And I did read the instructions, else I wouldn't be bothering you all with
this. I'm no guru, but I'm experienced *enough* with Linux to know that I
should read & understand the documentation.

> From: http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/potato/debian-mac.txt
>  Put root=/dev/ram in the kernel options and set kernel and ramdisk path.
>
> Oh, this is already a FAQ:

That would be great advice, but it didn't work! I found the root=/dev/ram
info, but it had no effect. System panics at the same point :( I was doing
this late last night, so I might have been making dumb mistakes - I'll try it
all again tonight when I'm a little less tired.

BTW, what is the point of the disk images in the images_144 directory? Do
they come into play at some point?

--
Bill Layer
<b.layer@vikingelectronics.com>