Re: Modules/devices

> (woody) there was a dialog about this. dunno if this tool (whaeter it is)
> can/should be used with m68k.

 I'll see if I can find something.

> >  Configuring network interfaces: modprobe: Can't locate module dummy0
> >  SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
> You upgraded from slink to potato? The network config has changed. I think
> its /etc/init.d/netowrking now and you can remove /etc/init.d/network. Or
> was it a change in the kernel? If you install potato from scratch, you will
> not get that message. If you remove the old config file, it should be gone
> as well, but it does not hurt to leave that in.

 I installed (potato) from scratch. Don't recall whether I got these
 messages with the original 2.2.10, because that kernel was broken on
 my Spectrum (clgen). I definitely get it with 2.2.16/17, will try with
 my own 2.2.10 as well.

> >  This is an A3000, builting serial. There surely is no dummy/dummy0 module,
> >  as I compile my kernels with module support, but without any actual
> >  modules (don't know whether this makes sense ...)
> Hmm, no, why don't you use modules? Build at least the dummy module, isnt
> that used for accessing your own machien via the "network"? Doesn't hurt to
> build modules I think.

 dummy is compiled in statically.

> Moses: its good when you do not see a difference with the new kernels, that
> means they are still working. What did you expect, 3D grafics?

 2.2.17 works fine here, too ...