Re: Installing X Windows on MAC QUADRA 800 (68k)

I have a Quadra 660av and haven'tgot X to work either. But the first
thing you need is to install the server software as well.To run
standalone XWindows your machine needs to be both the Xwindows server
and client. You also need the font server xfs and you may want to try
xdm - where you log into a display screen. (It failed for me).I get errors saying I need to put an entry for a screen for fbdev. I've no idea what they are talking about.

Also, check out the linux-m68k faq; I assume you've alread gone
through most of the Debian sources. It has some interesting
suggestions, which either are not detailed enough or don't work my
machine. The URL is http://www.mac.linux-m68k.org/docs/faq.php