Re: Configure monitor section in XF86Config file

Patrick, I don't want to sound rude; however, you gave so little
information that attempts to help you are really pretty pointless.

You haven't said what version of Debian, what version of XFree86, what
you have tried and why that failed, whether or not Dexter worked (if you are
using 4.0.1), etc.

I am therefore assuming you are fairly new to the whole idea, and give
some suggested entry-level readings:
If you are using 3.3.x: http://www.xfree86.org/FAQ/
If you are using 4.0.1: http://www.xfree86.org/4.0.1/README.html
                        http://www.xfree86.org/4.0.1/RELNOTES.html
			/usr/share/doc/xfree86-common/README.Debian.gz
                        /usr/share/doc/xfree86-common/README.gz
                        /usr/share/doc/xfree86-common/FAQ.gz

Also useful: manpages for X, XFree86, XF86Config

I don't know anything about the Mac platform -- you may need to do some
tweaking to your kernel in order for X to run. On my dual-celeron
system, I had to do some tweaking to get OpenGL support, but you may not
need to tweak the kernel at all. <shrug>

If, on the other hand, this email is just indicitive of a need for more
sleep, here is my monitor section for 4.0.1 for one of my monitors;
hopefully it will provide enough information for you to tweak, in case
you are using 4.0.1 as well.

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Mitsubishi"
        VendorName   "MEL"
        ModelName    "42c0"
        HorizSync    30.0 - 105.0
        VertRefresh  70.0 - 152.0
        Option       "DPMS"
EndSection

Best of luck.

* Patrick Atlas <p_atlas@club-internet.fr> [001105 15:04]:

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all really
impressed down here, I can tell you.''