Still bus error from Penguin17 on SE/30

On the suggestion of two list members, I installed the Penguin17 booter utility
that comes with the Slink distribution, in an attempt to fix a "Bus Error" and
lock-up that occurs when I am trying to boot the kernel (to start my install).

Penguin17 behaves exactly like Penguin18 - I get all the way to the "Fasten
your seat belts" message, then a Penguin1X: Bus Error (Restart) but the system
is loced up hard. I am using MacOS 7.5.3 on an SE/30.

It might be worth mentioning that I *also* get a bus error any time I try to
_shut down_ this machine, but I do *not* get the error if I try to _restart_ the
machine. So what is possibly involved in Shutting Down, that is not also
involved in Restarting? Makes no sense to me..

--
Bill Layer
Sales Technician

     Viking Electronics, Inc.
       1531 Industrial St.
    Hudson, WI. 54016 - U.S.A
      715.386.8861 ext. 210
 <http://www.vikingelectronics.com>

"Telecom Solutions for the 21st Century"