Re: Potato and NOVA Graphicscard on an ATARI Falcon with Afterbur ner

On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 11:04:56AM +0100, Lars Hecking wrote:
> > >wait a minute, afterburner is an 060 board?
> >
> > No, the afterburner is a 68040 board. I forgot to tell you that you should
> > also disable 68060 optimizations, so the only way to get a kernel that runs
> > on an afterburner is to disable all 68020, 68030, 68040 *and* 68060
> > optimizations.
>
>  What exactly are you refering to? The "advanced" section in the kernel cpu
>  config?
IIRC (pandora is down, can't look at the config..) the Atari kernel has
"optimization" for 020, 030 and 040, not for 060. Nothing in the advanced
section should be set.

AFAIK there is not much optimization, if you optimze for all processor
types, but you'd better ask that on the kernel list. I still think its a
kernel issue, if the kernel does not work if you select a valid kernel
option. Quick solution no "optimization" at all for Atari, then we have a
kernel which works on all Atari clones, right? Or is somebody else expecting
problems? But the real solution is to fix the kernel...

Can you have a look at the config file in the atari kernel image package
(when you have it, or whenever pandora comes back) and tell me if something
else has to be changed?

>  I tried them once for the 040 on my A3000/040, and that kernel didn't
>  work either ...
Thats somethingnelse, I think. The amiga kernel-image does not use any of
the advanced features. I think just for compatibility, but... ah, you know
it by now ;-)

Christian