Re: Install-procedure - How to stop?

Hi,

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> > How to stop it?
> Some people do:
>  rm /bin/unconfigured.sh (or /usr/bin)
> I never tried, no idea if the rest of the configuration runs ok then.

I might first go until this password stuff to make sure this has been
done and then delete it from another console. I tried several times
"kill pid" and this "pestering" perl-script just started anew with
another pid.  ;-)
So I know that the basic system works. Contacting alphons via network
works as well.

> BTW, why don't you have a CD?

I installed all the things on my Alpha via ISDN-line with apt-get. The
base install stuff for the Atari was as well downloaded by alphons and
then transferred with ftp to the TT internal harddisk. But I think about
getting the CDs. It is just a matter of going to a special bookshop (I
hope so).

I want to try setting up a cross-compiler on alphons to compile new
kernels and other things for the TT as well. I hope I can make it work -
I am no IT person.

Thanks for helping,

regards,

Kerstin