Re: Floppy flickers during install

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 07:44:33PM +0200, Kerstin Hoef-Emden wrote:
> I am installing Debian 2.2 on my Atari TT right now that I am writing on
> my other computer. At the moment the bad sector test is going on on
> one of the partitions. What I am a little bit confused about is the
> steadily flickering floppy drive.  What does it want from the floppy?
> The install parts are all copied to the internal hard disk and it is
> supposed to take all things from there.

I saw that on Bernds Amiga yesterday, when heartbeat is compiled it, the
floppy light "flickers". Its just a sign that you computer is still alive
(heartbeat). On Amigas the power LED beats, but on Amigas heartbeat is not
compiled in, since this interferes with sound (there was a patch, for 2.3.?)
Don't worry, your machine is fine. When the heartbeat stops, it died...

BTW, when the bad sector test is finished, can you do a:
 grep Model /proc/hardware

I have that information now for all arches but Atari.