Install-procedure - How to stop?

Hi,

I have got the base system installed on my TT now. When the system has
booted up, a perl script starts to install the rest of the packages.
This is nice and fine for somebody who has got those *.debs at hand, and
it is nice to set the password and everything, but I am missing the
abort button after those things have been done. Since I do not have a
direct line to the internet (have to set up IP masquerading on my other
computer for that), nor do I have the *.debs on CD right now and no
other source, I would like to stop the thing by now and cope with it
later. Kill pid does not work and when rebooting by logging in as root
on another console, I am always confronted with the same.

How to stop it?

Regards,

Kerstin

--