Re: 68040 buserror patch

On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 11:14:25PM +0200, Michel Lanners wrote:

> I have just tested a self compiled 2.2.16 without the buserror patch,
> and it does lock up as well after roughly 30 minutes of inactivity.
> So it's something with 2.2.16, I'd say...
> Andrew, didn't you publish 2.2.16 kernels before the one with the patch?
> I'll try one of those. But I can already say that your latest 2.2.14
> kernel doesn't have the lockup problem..

Uhm, I'm running 2.2.16 without buserr patch for some weeks now without
lockup on an A3000 with WarpEngine040-40..

Linux arrakis 2.2.16 #1 Mon Sep 11 15:16:55 CEST 2000 m68k unknown

I compiled it on my own from Mac CVS back then, but have to admit that my
machine is never inactive due to rc5des client running in the backgrounnd as
well as complete newsserver with uucp and an IRC client.

So, I don't think it is a general problem with 2.2.16 although I never
tested it with inactivity.
But I had some time ago a problem with SCSI fails and was forced to reboot
the machine. No problems after reboot then until now.

Ciao...
      Ingo