Re: 2.2.10 on Mac IIcx: SCSI doesn't work :-(

At 12:31 PM -0500 8/11/2000, Andrew McPherson wrote:
[...]
>How about Mode32?
[...]

Mode32 is a set of ROM patches that slices out any and all 32-bit dirty
code from the ROMs on startup. It does nothing else.

No MacOS code can execute after Penguin shuts off the interrupts.
Interrupts are not re enabled until the kernel has overwritten the
interrupt and exception tables.

There is no DMA hardware in macs outside the 840, 660, 9x0, IIfx, and SONIC
equipped models. The exception to this being some PDS cards, which can
legally busmaster on any PDS-slot equipped macs.

68k macs (perhaps with the exception of the 660/840, but I doubt it) do not
support NuBus DMA transfers.

Just as a side note, I never noticed any ill effects booting my IIx in 24
bit mode, back before my IIx bit the big one.

Cheers - Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler :)

--
Tony "Nicoya" Mantler - Renaissance Nerd Extraordinaire - nicoya@apia.dhs.org
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada           --           http://nicoya.feline.pp.se/