Illegal instruction on 68LC040?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Illegal instruction on 68LC040?
- From: Meelis Roos <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 21:17:54 +0200 (EET)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
I tried to install Debian potato on my LC-475. I installed from a hard
disk partition (prepared on anouther linux machine). Install went smoothly
until it needed reboot. After reboot it tried to run
from inittab but nothing happened. Investigation showed that
dpkg-reconfigure aborted with 'Illegal instruction'.
First I thought that it was my buggy LC040 but the famous FPU emulation
bug only trigers on some sequence of FPU commads (FLINE exception is not
raised). I doubt that dpkg-reconfigure uses floating point so it must be
some other kind of error.
Meelis Roos (email@example.com)