Re: Requirements

{OPHeLIA} wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I am a user of Macintosh Centris 610 with 20 MB ram (easy upgradeable if
> needed)
> and i wonder wether the Debian linux would run on it.
> If I remember correctly, the Centris610 uses 68LC040 20mhz CPU.
> What are the requirements for debian Linux anyway?
>
> And  can I use a X win as well ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Árni Gunnarsson

That would depend on the Revision of the 68LC040 you have.  There were
quite a few 68LC040 chips that were broken (i.e. wouldn't work properly
even with a software FPU).  I think you can test using something called
SoftFPU under MacOS or you could boot the Debian Linux root.bin and see
what happens.

--
Ray Knight
audilvr@speakeasy.org