Re: 2.2.10 on Mac IIcx: SCSI doesn't work :-(

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Alexander Shumakovitch wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 11:01:12AM -0500, Andrew McPherson wrote:
> > I haven't seen this entire thread, so I apologize if I ask questions that
> > have been answered. What Mac do you have? Is it, perchance, an SE/30? The
> > SE/30 is not exactly in a nice, stable, working state at the moment. It
> > seems to top the list for total amount of broken stuff. :( I'm working on
> > it...
> Well, you could guess from a Subject: line ;-) So it's Mac IIcx and the whole
> story began when I've tried to install 2.2.10 kernel on it which is the only
> kernel that comes with Debian 2.2 destribution.

<SLAP!> Maybe I should actually _read_ the message before posting dumb
== SE/30, as far as the important hardware is concerned. I'd expect the
IIcx to have the same problems as the SE/30- it also has the Mac II-style
via's.

> > I was able to boot my SE/30 with vmlinux-2.2.14-073100.gz, but I get the
> > same buserr with the 2.2.16. Don't know why yet, but I don't think it's
> > the pDMA code.
> As I said, 2.2.14 doesn't find SCSI at all. Probably IIcx has even more broken
> stuff as SE/30 ;-)

Really? Does it not find the SCSI controller or just not find the disks?
It would be nice if you could post a log of what happens.

-Andrew