mac ypbind problems

Hello Christian; Michael,
    I was wondering if you might be able to help... I hope you can or
atleast be able to point me in the correct direction because this
problem has baffled me.
    Well here it is... At home I have a small network on which I have
running a dns server and nis server. All the computers attached to this
network obtain their password info through nis. All the nis clients use
the default nis config files that come with debian 2.2 so they broadcast
to find the nis server.
    I recently installed debian 2.2 on a mac LC 630 but for some reason
ypbind will not work on the computer. ypbind cannot find the nis server
when it broadcasts. Either it is not broadcasting properly or there is
some other problem. Here is what I have found by playing around with
ypbind....

1) first I placed one line in /etc/yp.conf namely... ypserver
internet.the-brain.ca

root@node6:/etc# ypbind -debug
parsing config file
Trying entry: ypserver internet.the-brain.ca
parsed ypserver internet.the-brain.ca
add_server() domain: nis.the-brain.ca, host: internet.the-brain.ca,
nobroadcast, slot: 0
Segmentation fault

2) next I removed the single line from /etc/yp.conf...

a)
root@node6:/etc# ypbind -broadcast
(no output and ypbind just exists)

b)
root@node6:/etc# ypbind -broadcast -debug
add_server() domain: nis.the-brain.ca, broadcast, slot: 0
[Welcome to ypbind-mt, version 1.6]

(after entering "ypwhich" on another terminal I get the following)
ypbindproc_domain_2_svc (nis.the-brain.ca)
(I then killed it)
Signal (2) for quitting program arrived.

c)
root@node6:/etc# ypbind -broadcast -ypsetme -debug
add_server() domain: nis.the-brain.ca, broadcast, slot: 0
[Welcome to ypbind-mt, version 1.6]

(after entering "ypset internet.the-brain.ca" on another terminal I get
the following)
ypbindproc_setdom_2_svc (nis.the-brain.ca)
(after entering "ypcat passwd" on another terminal I get the following)
ypbindproc_domain_2_svc (nis.the-brain.ca)
YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: server '192.168.0.1', port 766

    Well I don't know if this tells you anything... but if you have any
ideas what might be going wrong then please tell me. Any help would be
greatly apreciated.

Thanks,
James

--