Sentris 650 serial ports

I've got Debian Potato running on a Centris 650.  I'd like to use
the serial ports, but I'm not getting very far.  I assume that the
problem is that the kernel reports UART on both serial ports to
be undefined.  I don't know what they should be. I've looked at
apple's tech site (ha, ha!), deja news, and google without luck.
I'd be thankful just to know which ttyS is the modem port and which
the printer port.

Any help is appreciated.  My goal is to use an external SupraExpress 144
Plus modem.  General serial port/modem advices also appreciated.

Thanks,

Dick

rrepasky@indiana.edu