Re: Potato Installation Report

At 8:28 am +0100 14/7/2000, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 10:39:02PM -0500, Alan wrote:
[snip]
>They are not crucial, but I don't think removing the devs is the recommended
>way to turn this off. See /etc/modules.conf  and write "off" after alias you
>dont want to load. Better, read the conf file, it says you should not edit
>it, but look in /etc/modutils instead and edit the apprpriate file.

I tried editing the /etc/modutils/arch/m68k.mac file with no effect.  I
also did what the modules.conf file said not to do and tried editing that,
again no luck.  It is, of course, possible I have commented out the wrong
line.

Moving the /dev/ttyS* files out of the /dev directory seems to do the
trick.  It doesn't feel right but it works.  If anybody wants to point out
the error of my ways please do so.

So far Potato , at least on my machine, is very stable not one crash
despite my attempts to abuse it.  I shall be installing packages this
weekend :-)