Re: Linux on PPC upgrades?

On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> > Also, I would expect Linux supports 040 Macs that have been upgraded to a
> > PPC, is there anyone here that has tried it?  I actually wanna see if its
>
> Wrong. LinuxPPC currently does only boot on Macs that have OpenFirmware
> (or BrokenFirmware).

Well, that's almost correct. But not exactly.

Ingvar

(Writing this on a IBM Workstation type RS/6000 43P-133 7248,
running LinuxPPC)

Ingvar Hagelund             Phone: (+47) 22740512
E-mail: ingvar@unik.no      WWW: http://www.ifi.uio.no/~ingvarha
Adress: Ringshusveien 10,   N-1176  OSLO, NORWAY
Experience GNU/Linux!