From: "Henry Garcia" <compdata@nb.net>
To: "greg kaslowski" <debian_m68k@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Keyboards?
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:25:59 -0400

Greg:

Check out this website for support on any Macintosh system.
http://support.info.apple.com/applespec/applespec.taf You can use an IBM
compatible 72 pin SIMM fast page mode chip non parity in the one available
72 pin SIMM memory slot. You should be able to boot up, though, with the 4
mb of chips soldered on the logic board with any working system. You don't
need any additional RAM. You can use a 4MB, 8MB, 16 mb, or a 32 megabyte
SIMM. Use a volt meter on the battery, It's supposed to be 3.6 volts. You
can use any comparable Lithium battery. Just as long as you can get the
juice to the appropriate positive and negative connections on the board. But
if you're getting a chime when you turn it on, the board sounds OK. Did you
try the monitor on a system that accepts the same connection for video on a
Mac? That's the easiest way to troubleshoot your situation. Stick the
monitor on your IIci. Does it work?

Basically, if you hear the chime, the motherboard is good. And within about
30 seconds after turning on, you should see the monitor flash on. If you
hear more than one note, like a series of notes, the motherboard is working,
just some other component is sending an error message to the CPU.

Check for floppy or hard drive cables that are not connected correctly. Just
take all the floppy and hard drive cables off. If you get a picture then,
your cables are bad or not hooked up appropriately.

I'd be interested in the parts if you give up.

http://support.info.apple.com/info.apple.com/applespec/applespec.taf?RID=48