Introduction

Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself and say hi.

I'm mainly here to help with the linux-m68k stuff particularly pertaining to
NeXT machines, however, I was an Atari fanatic for many years, but finally
trashed my 16Mhz 68k STe machine.  I've owned older machines (trs-80, and
Atari 800), and worked with Macs, Amigas, etc.  I know 68k assembler (and
80x86 and used to know 6502).

I use a PC primarily cause they are so damn cheap, but when I built my
machine, I wanted a large monitor, so I got an old NeXT just so I could make
use of the 21" color monitor (they are cheap).  Its a color slab (68040 @
25Mhz, 12 bit color @ 1120x832, 12MB of RAM but I'll upgrade that quick).  If
anyone wants one, they go CHEAP on the auctions and you get NS 3.3 for free
from Apple as part of the y2k program including NeXT Developer and
WebObjects.

During the upgrade of the NeXT from NS3.0 to NS3.3 I had a power failure and
I don't have a local CD, and was doing the upgrade via NFS.  Now the GUI
won't come up, the upgrader won't run, and I can't seem to get the damn thing
to install, so I'm giving up and putting Linux on it.  I'm somewhat familiar
with the Linux kernel (not as much as I'd like to be), and I've hacked around
with the Atari MiNT back in the old days.

I'm looking forward to working with everyone and hope we can make some
progress.

-- Evan Langlois