Re: I volunteer

On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 07:48:20AM -0500, Russell Hires wrote:
> What the hell. I volunteer to make the potato boot floppies for mac. I would
you mean, you volunteer to _test_ the boot-floppies?
> have volunteered sooner, but I am still having trouble getting my system up
> and running. Okay, I have it up and running, but I just can't seem to get a
> kernel to compile. The reason I need a new kernel is for PPP support, which
> isn't in the ones I've got so far. I need PPP support so I can get the rest
> of my system to install. I've got base2_2.tgz, and that installs just fine,
> but when it's time to do the rest of the install, I can't, because my
> machine isn't able to network!
Slow, you say you dl'ed the base.tgz and rootmac, driversmac et al stuff
from my debian page, set up a basic system with it and it works? Now that is
good news, Atari works, Mac works, now only Amiga is left to confirm. Think
I have to sacrify my swap partition...

> Can someone send me a kernel with PPP support for a Quadra 610 (or maybe
> just macintosh), or tell me where to get one? Then I can install the rest of
Im not a MAC guru, cant help here. But usually all kernel images should have
support for ppp, maybe as a module?  Cant belive that no MAC guys use PPP.

> the system on my machine, and get on with the voluteering effort.
You mean volunteering with testing the rest of potato or do you really want
to build boot-floppies? Im nearly done with that, if only the 2.2.10 kernel
would not lock up my system after a few hours...
If you want to build boot-floppies, install the package, update to the CVS
version and be prepared to have a debian/potato mirror near you. Plus the
one or other package, thats not yet in potato, like kernel-iamges for all
three subarches. Only I dont understand why you want to build bfs now? Maybe
its too late for me...

Christian