Re: samba

> > What network protocol and programs are you trying to use for accessing
> > the Linux file server? FTP, HTTP, NFS are all done by the Linux box
> > without any further ado.
>
> hm, ftp and http would be nice, donīt know nothing about NFS....

Read some Unix sysadmin manuals.

> A Server as firewall in a LAN is terrible to configure without any
> graphical interface.

Huh? Firewall needs graphical interface to configure? Maybe you shouldn't
be configuring firewalls right now - there should be a number of good
HOWTOS that explain Unix networking basics (including NFS) and give sample
ipmasq and ipchains scripts. Consult c.o.l.networking for more
information.

> What do you think about Corel Open Linux; itīs based on Debian.

And Intel only, right? Didn't know they advertise it as Open Linux (is
there something like Closed Linux? I've only ever seen Closed Windows
...).