Re: samba

Hello Michael!

On 21-Mär-00 you wrote:

>> hm, ftp and http would be nice, don´t know nothing about NFS....
>
> Read some Unix sysadmin manuals.

Just read a bit about NFS and I think I got it. This is a great thing and I
assume I can connect from my Amiga-client over Ethernet to the Linux-Box
and having all Amiga-partitions available on the server-side too.
Now that´s great!

>> A Server as firewall in a LAN is terrible to configure without any
>> graphical interface.
>
> Huh? Firewall needs graphical interface to configure? Maybe you shouldn't
> be configuring firewalls right now - there should be a number of good
> HOWTOS that explain Unix networking basics (including NFS) and give
> sample ipmasq and ipchains scripts. Consult c.o.l.networking for more
> information.

You´re right. Configuring a firewall needs no graphical interface. That´s
nonsense.
I love this Debain more and more...

Regards

--