X-configuration, another problem.

Hi,

Now I have gotten the network up and installed quite a bit on my machine.
But one problem has occured. I cannot get X to work. I can't configure it
either. As far as I have understood, the only way to configure it is via
'xvidtune' but that won't start, it states that it can't open the display.
I don't know what it wants either. When I try to start X it states that it
cannot find XF86Config, which is quite obvious since it isn't configurated.
So, what can I do? Maybe boot onto a pal-screen instead of a CGFX (I have a
CV64/3D), but I can't see what difference that would make. It cannot be a
shortcoming of the kernel since I can boot into the gfx-card, or can it?
Well, I'll try some things but I could really need some insight into this.
I really want to have a working X.

Mvh
--
Thomas Sjölin

http://www.infoscandic.se/~thomas

A fool-proof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge
block of marble; then you chip away everything that doesn't look
like an elephant.