Re: X-configuration, another problem.

Moin,
On Sun, Mar 19, 2000 at 08:26:46PM +0100, Thomas Sjölin wrote:

> Now I have gotten the network up and installed quite a bit on my machine.
Grats.
> But one problem has occured. I cannot get X to work. I can't configure it
> either. As far as I have understood, the only way to configure it is via
Welcome to the club.

> 'xvidtune' but that won't start, it states that it can't open the display.
xvidtune? Naa, I think thats only for PCs, we use the framebuffer driver, we
do not need to tune much.

> I don't know what it wants either. When I try to start X it states that it
> cannot find XF86Config, which is quite obvious since it isn't configurated.
> So, what can I do? Maybe boot onto a pal-screen instead of a CGFX (I have a
> CV64/3D), but I can't see what difference that would make. It cannot be a
> shortcoming of the kernel since I can boot into the gfx-card, or can it?
> Well, I'll try some things but I could really need some insight into this.
> I really want to have a working X.
You ignored my sig. Look for the debian-m68k-faq. There is a config file and
it works out of the box on my CV3D with 256 colors.

Christian
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz