Re: Trouble installing Debian on MVME167

Hi Jim,
  Have you patched the 167 so that 167Bug executes from SRAM rather
that DRAM?  You have to move a jumper on the board.

>From <http://www.sleepie.demon.co.uk/linuxvme/hwconfig.txt>:

  First you need to configure your hardware.  The MVME166/7 card needs
  configuring so that the 16xBug executes from SRAM rather than DRAM.
  this is done via a jumper setting.  On my MVME167 board, this means
  removing the jumper from position 1 (nearest the edge of the board)
  on the jumper block behind the LEDs.

MD 0:40;l will dump the start of the DRAM.  If that looks like a
load of addresses (mostly the same value), rather than garbage your
167Bug is probably still running from DRAM.

Richard