Re: Test 2.2.10 kernel images/modules/etc. for Atari and Mac

Michael,

   I finally got around to trying that 2.2-10 kernel with a later
Penguin...I
got 17, and did successfully boot and run it...had some grief on the
Q650, but
the worst of it is that it doesn't find the onboard Sonic ethernet
controller.

I had to do a Pram Zap to get it to go at all...got that error 8:14
attempt to
access beyond the end of device again on the 1st attempt...by the way, I
had
just run the older 2.0.36, booting it with the new Penguin...I wanted to
be
sure that it didn't add any dilemma...so after that error booting the new
kernel, I did the PR zap...on the next attempt I got a flood of unexpected
IRQ 3...I thought I remembered that it may be related to ADB, so I took my
Kensington track-ball mouse off (an old one, version 3.0) and put on an
Apple
mouse...it then booted ok, all the way to login....so I logged in and ran
few things to see what happened and it seemed to be fine...just no
ethernet.

I looked thru all the logs and such and didn't see anything except to say
that the older kernel looks for and find the Sonic adapter right after the
disks are detected...the new one doesn't even say its looking for it...

Paul