Re: Test 2.2.10 kernel images/modules/etc. for Atari and Mac

> Hi,
>
> this is to announce Debian 2.2 (potato) test kernels for Atari and Mac.
> I'd like to know how these kernels perform on a variety of machines, in
> order to see whether they are fit for use in the 2.2 boot-floppies. Please
> post any unusual problems with those kernels to the mailing list(s).

I've got the kernel to boot successfully on an SE/30.

Two issues showed up, neither particularly significant.

First, I used to have the "Colour by Penguin" option deselected on boot and
obtained the usual white text on a black background. With the new kernel,
unless it is selected the screen changes to black text on a white background
early in the boot process.

Second, to get the SCSI working reasonably reliably (read: so it lets me
actually boot with some reliability) I had mac5380=6,3 in my boot parameter
settings. With the new kernel this failed horribly. However, changing he
setting to 0,3 worked.

It's now sitting in the corner (no it is not in trouble <grin>) waiting for
faxes and seems quite happy.

Nigel.