Re: Fwd: new install network problem

Changing the <"don't disable VBL interrupts" option
_off_> didn't help. I'm not keen on building a custom
kernel at this point, but I guess I'll have to.
Installing the base system with a newer kernel doesn't
appear to be an option. I'm looking at the "Debian and
the kernel" faq
(http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/debian-faq-11.html#ss11.1).
It lists some packages that need to be installed in
order to build a kernel. Among them is 'bin86'. I
don't find anything like this in the ftp archive. Is
this only for x86 architecture? Is there an equivalent
for the 68k architecture, or am I ok with just the
other packages listed? Please tell me I'm going about
this all wrong, and there's a much easier way. :)

--- Michael Schmitz