Non Starter :(

I've browsed the archive to find similar problems to my own, but with no
solution offered. So here goes:
I've been following the installation notes at
http://www.linux-m68k.org/debian-amiga.html to install Debian on my A1200
with a Blizzard MkII accelerator board in it (030@40mhz, 16MB RAM) and a
500 MB IDE HDD.  The problem i'm having is once running 'StartInstall' and
pressing enter a couple of times (specifically after the 'Type a key to
continue the Linux/m68k boot...' prompt) the screen goes a a light shade of
grey and nothing happens for approx 30 seconds, sometimes during these
seconds the power light flashes, then i get a red-on-black 'Software
Failure' screen and workbench reloads.

Anyone help me with that one?

TIA

Filly-O-Fish