Re: VME bus access in Linux

I havn't tried VME access from my 147, but the first thing to check
is whether you can access the other boards with MM/MD under 147Bug.
Linux kernel makes no attempt to set up the VME interface, so if
access windows need setting up or enabling, you need to do that
manually before starting the kernel.  /dev/memnc is gone from newer
kernels; instead we open /dev/mem with O_SYNC to force non-cached
access.

Richard.