Re: Y2K.

Hello Christian!

You wrote:

>> I was just wondering how it would work if I would set up one of my
>> Amigas for you so you could do the work that has to be done for the
>> m68k-group. The thing is in Germany a private person cannot be online
>> all day.

> Apply for maintainership and start building packages. Esp contrib and
> non-free could need some more help, since the buildd will never take any
> of these. I gave up on quite a few of them and was too lazy to file too
> many bugs, so if you desperately want a package from those, not on the
> offical CD, directories, try to build whats not there yet. Otherwise, I
> think we could send you a list with (main) packages that have some
> problems to build on m68k. Download the source and fix it at home. Send
> the patch to the maintainer (or to us alternatively for a fast NMU) é
> voila, another package for m68k. No need to be online permanently to fix
> packages, my Amiga is not on the net. Auto-building works quite ok at the
> moment (unless everybody uploads a new version to go in before the
> freeze), its only a matter of time. Finding bugs, reporting bugs and
> fixing bugs is what takes most of the time...

Hey, I´m using slink/Linux for about four weeks now and I think I´m not
able to do what you suppose me to do. I´m no programer and have no
experience with any computer-language. I even don´t know how to compile a
source or a kernel although I guess there is not much to do to get this
working. How should I be able to fix a source, dont even know what
autobuilding means. Hey, I cannot fix bugs :-). I would need a lot of
advise to compile sources on my Amiga. I don´t even know how the
bugtracking-system works.

And after all I´m a hard working man and don´t know if I find the time to
be active with compiling sources, finding bugs and reporing them.
I don´t see no light here at the moment, this is all very new to me but if
I had some advise, who knows....

Regards

--

  Andreas Meyer