Re: Y2K.

> Ah, you donīt need Apache when you can login as root. I wonder how you
> manage to login. How do you build the connection? Must the remote machine
> be online or can you call it to go online? What does this machine need to
> have to build such a connection? An IP-Addresss, an own domain?
>
> With "working on the remote machine" I meant e.g. compiling a source ;)

And why on earth would you need to become root for this? The remote
machines in question are online all day (unless they are rebooted for some
reason) with permanent net connectivity. Login via secure shell.
('net' := IP wide area network, so yes, they do have an IP address, mostly
co-hosted in some existing domain).