Init and boot problem.

Hi all,
Suddenly  I got a boot problem:
My linux boots well but when the init command starts, something goes wrong.
This is the output:

[...]
INIT: entering runlevel: 2
Starting system log daemon: syslogd klogd
Starting deferred execution scheduler: atd
Starting base networking daemons: portmap inetd

INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "2" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "3" respawning too fast:
disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "4" respawning too fast:
disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "5" respawning too fast:
disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "6" respawning too fast:
disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: no more processes left in this run level

And I waited for 5 minutes but it tell me always the same thing.

Well, I rembember that the time before having this problem, I typed init 5
(but I
was wrong) and I immediately typed init 6 (as I do every time to reboot my
system). So maybe this was the error but I can't understand how to resolve
this problem.
I know that I'm beginner and I can be boring, but I also tried everything in
my knowledge. I booted linux on /dev/ram on another filesystem, I mounted the
directory where my linux is, and I tried to understand better, looking all the
files in the dirs /etc/rc*.d
I also saw the /etc/inittab file but I couldn't do anything useful.
This is all I can tell you.
Thanks for your attention,
Roberto.