Re: SOLVED: Re: problem starting X....

"H. Shibata" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Q700 and slink is installed on it.  Now I am trying to install X
> using the info by Mike, and having the same problem as Mike did.
> I am using kernel 2.2.10-19991015 which is working fine but the same
> "PEXExtensionInit: Couldn't open default PEX font file  Roman_M"
> problem bothers me too.  I downloaded the 3.3.3.1 XF68FB.tzg from
> ftp.xfree86.org using Win machine and copied it to Q700 via FD.
> However, I now am at a loss as I do not know how to install it.
> Would you help me?

The error about the PEX font file is a known problem that is not fatal,
so you shouldn't worry about that.

As for the X server, after you untar it, copy it to your /usr/X11R6/bin
folder.  Then create a symbolic link from "X" to this X server, like:

ln -s /usr/X11R6/bin/XF68FB /usr/X11R6/bin/X

(I'm not sure what the name of the X server file is, so I am assuming it
is XF68FB).

hope this helps,
Mike