Re: SOLVED: Re: problem starting X....

Hi,

I have Q700 and slink is installed on it.  Now I am trying to install X
using the info by Mike, and having the same problem as Mike did.
I am using kernel 2.2.10-19991015 which is working fine but the same
"PEXExtensionInit: Couldn't open default PEX font file  Roman_M"
problem bothers me too.  I downloaded the 3.3.3.1 XF68FB.tzg from
ftp.xfree86.org using Win machine and copied it to Q700 via FD.
However, I now am at a loss as I do not know how to install it.
Would you help me?

I installed slink via external HD which is usally connected to my
compay's machine, and used apt-get to install slink packages
to my home Q700 which is not connected to any net.

Thanks,
Hiromi Shibata